Full Round Port
Dual Pinch Mechanism
Heavy Duty Design
- Clog resistant full round opening.
- Low pressure drop
- No packing
- Drop tight closure
- On/Off or throttling service
- Fail Open or Fail Closed pneumatic actuators
- Flanges: ANSI STD 125/150 lbs
- Housing: Cast iron, ASTM A48, class 35 ( valve sizes up to 10′ )
- Ductile iron, ASTM 65-45-12 ( valve sizes 12′ and up )
- Stem & guide rods: 303 stainless steel
- Pinch bars: Ductile iron, ASTM 65-45-12
- Sleeve elastomer
- Epoxy paint
- ANSI STD 300 lbs flange
- 316 stainless steel stem
- Secondary containment package
- Solenoid valves
- Limit switches
Actuator Selection Information
Click to review options
PFO - Pneumatic Fall Open
PFC - Pneumatic Fall Closed
All mechanically pinched pneumatic valves are available with 2 families of pneumatic actuator:1. A conventional air double acting cylinder. Air is applied alternating to the cylinder head and cylinder bottom to open and close the valve. This is inherently a Fail-in-last-position actuator.
2. Onyx "Bomb Proof" zero maintenance actuator. This actuator is designed around a firestone airbag for the most robust construction and zero maintenance. It is available in two configurations:
- PFO-Pneumatic Fail Open
- PFC-Pneumatic Fail Closed-Fails closed with a spring for the most dependable drop tight operation.
All actuator sizing is performed by Onyx Engineers based on three factors:
- Valve Size
- Fail Mode
- Process Pressure
Consult the factory for assistance in specialty actuator size selection.
Fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page with pertinent information and an Onyx Representative will be in contact with you shortly.